Wednesday 27 July 2011

Not a bad day at all!

Some-times it's hard to believe that life is good but if you look carefully, there is always something to be thankful for.  So it is for me today. I have a close friend in hospital recovering from surgery, she's had a tough time  but she's looking and feeling a bit better today and hopes to be home this week-end and will start treatment soon.    I was very sad but am feeling more positive now. Hopefully, prayers will be answered.



I had a plant making period a while ago, made nearly enough to open a nursery. It's amazing what you can do with a small piece of fine wire, a strip of masking tape and some acrylic paints. This is my first attempt at a rubber plant, a bit fiddly but the secret was using small strips of florist tape. It's stretchy and winds 'round easily in small places.
.
Palms are a bit time consuming, a small, sharp pair of scissors are a great help, I usually manage to trim the tips of my nails as well!

I've made a few pot plants that look a bit like cordylines ( I think that's the name) anyway, they look good with some paint. I usually hand paint all my plants and the wire makes it easy to bend them to the shape I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment