Saturday 23 July 2011

Good enough to eat?

I love making food for my dolls house, usually in Fimo or Sculpey. I really like adding the finishing touches with a light dusting of pastels or paints. Making the cabbages and other food with veiny type leaves can be a bit tricky but the finished product looks very life-like.

Making bread is much easier though. I usually add a tiny amount of semolina to the mix to give it a grainy look. It looks great if you dust with pastels and some-times talc on top for a flour look. There are endless varieties of bread, buns and loaves to be "baked" When it comes out from my little oven I can nearly smell it!
Making fruit is fun especially when the finishing touches are added with pastels or paint. Mind you, making grapes is another matter altogether!

2 comments:

  1. What great food! I think there must be a special technique for grapes, although yours look pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, you have a real talent for making fimo fruit and vegetables! Hugs Sandie

    ReplyDelete