Tuesday 5 March 2013

REMEMBER ME?



Did you ever make daisy chains when you were small? I loved making them and the bright yellow "jewels" around my neck always made me feel happy. 
I find myself being quite reflective these days, remembering my child-hood and the simple pleasures of playing with friends.
 Creating houses out of a few sticks on the ground, skipping, climbing trees, tea parties with my doll or putting my little black dog in the basket of my bike and going for a ride.
Perhaps it's because I'm getting older and long for a more simple life-style?

Even though you and I haven't had a chat for several months, I have been busy. I've had some health concerns, one is still giving me some trouble. I've been twice to a surgeon but he's reluctant to operate so I'm trying to be patient and put up with the pain. If you only knew just what an impatient person I am with myself then you would know that I can barely put up with "me" sometimes!

I enjoyed making all my Christmas cards again last year with the added bonus of my Cuttlebug and some lovely new stamps. I've got a good pile of cards made and just waiting for the right occasion to post one to some-one who I know would love to receive it.  I've discovered that not everyone values a hand-made card so they get a pretty bought one instead!



I've also spent hours in the garden over the last few months. It's been lovely to see new plants popping up and with careful watering, they continue to grow.




My little dog Buster continues to warm our hearts. He's found the perfect home and we've found the perfect addition to our family. He's laying at my feet as I write this, I won't tell him that I'm talking about him!


It's a bold photo of him but he loves to lay on his back for a tummy rub!!

I love this one, he often sleeps this way too.

I took some photo's of my work-room to send to a friend. Would you like to see where I spend a lot of hours creating my own little masterpieces? Please excuse the mess.



Every time I see my half-finished dolls house I feel guilty but there are so many other fantastic crafts that lure me into spending time with them!  That's my excuse any way.

Time to go and feed the man in my life, actually feed three men and a lady if you count two cats and a dog!

Blessings to you 'till next time,

Vicki.

6 comments:

  1. Yes Vicki, I remember you, of course, it has been a while! Your dog is too cute :D love these weird pictures!
    The photo of the rose is gorgeous, is this flower in your garden too?
    Your workspace is very tidy, I don't dare to share mine on my blog, it is very messy like the workspace of many other miniaturists ;)!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you Ilona, Buster is a sweetie, he's got such a funny personality. Yes, the rose is from my garden, I love taking close-up shots. My work-room doesn't always look quite as tidy, some-times I can't find anything that I'm looking for.
    Hugs, Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki,
    Great to hear from you again. Busters growing fast! Your room is sooo clean, im ashamed of mine at the moment projects from one end to the other and I ALWAYS tell myself to put materials away at the end of the day :( it just doesnt happen. Your cards are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, it is easy to see that Buster has settled in well and won over your hearts too :) Hope he has made friends with the cats as well. Your workroom is lovely and just soooo tidy and well organised! Your cards too are beautiful. I agree, some people don't appreciate hand made cards and don't deserve them. Keep them for special people who will treasure them as they should be. Hope you get some time for minis soon :) Love and hugs Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you Illona, Kez and Sandie for your kind words. The camera must have been sympathetic the day I photographed my craft-room because even though it may have looked tidy, believe me it's not! Sometimes I can't find anything even though it's usually under my nose!
    Buster had a beautiful black Cavadoodle in to play this-morning, he's a bit weary now but wanted to say "woof" to you.
    Blessings,
    Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I'd commented here. :) I remember those particular daisies so well from my childhood, didn't see them for about 30 years then 5 years (or so ago) snuck some up from Canberra where we'd been holidaying to Queensland. Sadly they didn't thrive here but they are still my favourite daisies. :)

    ReplyDelete