Thursday 26 January 2012

Australia Day.

I can't believe that I haven't posted since before Christmas. What have I been doing with my time?

I promise you I have been busy but just doing the things that I want to do. I love January because there's usually no commitments in my diary, so.....lovely days spent in my craft room,  in the garden or catching up with friends.  The weather has given much variety but lately, quite warm to hot.  I put a bag of sugar cane mulch on the front garden but will have to buy several more bags to finish the job.

I recently joined a new group, Miniature Haven and I'm loving it. There is a Project of the Month and for January it's items for a bathroom . As I was planning on getting serious about finishing my house, the motivation is back and I've made almost everything my bathroom will need.

The bathroom set is from the Delprado part-works that I "invested" in a few years ago. I re-painted the timber, it was dark brown. I made the towel, slatted mat, slippers, over the bath timber shelf, soap and loofa.


The soap is a tiny button on another and the hand soap dispenser is made from small beads, the face washer is fine terry towel.


 I painted over the blue motif on the suite with a soft green and made the toilet brush and waste bin too. You can't see the toilet roll and holder on this photo.


The pink towel was made from a piece of soft cotton that I dyed with acrylic paint in some water. The white one has some embroidery also.


I still have to find some small labels to go on the items in the cabinet that will go above the basin.


 I found a chair in my stash, repainted it and had fun making and placing a silky nightie and pink bra on it. I gently glued the nightie in place.


This was also fun to make. I cut out the shape of a dressing gown and glued and folded it to the look that I wanted. I left it on a sheet of plastic over-night to set. A tiny brass nail was pushed through at the top and it will hang on the back of the bathroom door.


I arranged some items on a small shelf and added a hand towel.


 You can see the basin better from this angle. I was really happy with the tiny  pink button, it makes a good bar of soap.


The linen basket is covered with some suitable fabric but I may not use this plant and stand. I made a timber one today and also a basket with a fern.


I can't wait to put everything in place in the bathroom but want to finish work on the lighting first.

I have also put my name down for a birthday card and small gift exchange. The first two gifts are made, one has already been posted to the U.K but I'm not telling you what is in the card because the next one is to go to a blogger friend in Sydney.  You will have to wait quite a while to find out, the last card goes at the end of the year!

That's it, I'm all blogged out for now but promise I will be more regular with my writing in the future.

Happy Australia Day to all the Aussies and just have a happy day to all my other friends!

Sandie.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandie! so glad to have found your blog...I live in Snake Valley and am new to the miniature scene...would love to meet in person and find out more about local groups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandie/Vicki I love the idea of dying the towel with paint, and the button does make a super bar of soap. You have made lovely things for your bathroom. Hugs Sandie

    ReplyDelete